As a Freight Agent, you will be responsible for booking and securing Truckload and LTL carriers and aiding in the business development of new accounts as well as facilitating the growth of your current customers. You will be responsible for customer communication, carrier development, pricing, booking, tracking, reporting and billing.
- Work with carriers to secure and book various TL and LTL transportation for customers freight.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers and customers alike.
- Work closely with customers to ensure transportation costs stay within budget.
- Analyze current market trends to find the best mode to move freight
- Promptly address any issues or delays in shipments
- Communicating with customer and drivers regarding loads and ensuring product is in route to the correct place
- Booking loads, coordinator shipments and manage the order from beginning to end
- 1-2 years recent experience in account management, dispatch or brokering of TL and LTL transportation services.
- Experience with programs such as Power DAT and Internet Truckstop
- ***Must have own book of business***